Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tuesday: September 7

Today was a really awesome day.

I was in the medical clinic again. When we arrived, a little girl was lying prone on the clinic floor and, after exam, was sent to LAC clinic for further analysis. As the day went on, we saw a lot of viral infections. One woman came in and spoke about the pain she was having (both emotional and physical) that came with losing her son in the earthquake. Just having someone to listen to her made her face light up. She spoke about how close they were and how good he was to his mother. It was terribly heart breaking. We finished relatively early and ran into Yayou Wootchina (who recently had a skin graft on her left wrist) who we took to the PT clinic. She is too cute for words. I held her hand as the doctors attempted to remove her stitches.

Sarah and I ran back to LAC (I will admit I did not make it without a few walking breaks) and when we arrived, we turned right back around to play soccer back at Camp Hope. It was a lot of fun...of course! Sarah and I also watched Betsy work with Kesia, Alan's daughter who has cerebral palsy. She was given braces and special shoes. She seems to be making great progress.

We just got back from a birthday party at Joane Anitus's tent at Camp Hope. It was definitely the best party I have ever been to. And the hottest party I have ever been to! We all smiled the entire time. We started off with each singing "Happy Birthday" in different animal noises (I meowed.) Different people sang and danced. We were served AMAZING food and coca cola. DJ Black Berry (Jeff Berry) provided the music. It was probably one of the most incredible moments in all my time in Haiti. Absolutely fantastic and unforgettable.

I finally showered! HazMat was about to come in and quarantine me. Even my soap yelled at me in disgust.

So long, fairwell. Goodnight! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment