Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sunday: September 12...and on

Last day in Fond Parisien.

Betsy made pancakes with blueberry jelly this morning. Delicious. We spent a while reading and wasting time on the porch before we got off our rear ends and took down a couple tents. Roxanna had her tent dismantled and in the bag before Sarah and I could even pull out the rods. Sarah and I then went to see the babies at the Malnutrition clinic. I knew that my boredom had reached its peak when I suggested we go for a run around LAC. We ran around for about 30 minutes with the security guards cheering us on. When we got back to base, we pulled the playing cards out. Kirstin, Sarah, Dr. Scotty, and I played a game of Euchre, which was a lot of fun.


Betsy organized and supervised alfredo pasta with sundried tomato and salmon/tuna patties for dinner. Everyone laughed at my aversion to bugs. Fortunately I can laugh along right with them. To conclude the night, Luke read a couple stories out of "Sh*t My Dad Says" for my last book club.


I will definitely miss this. I have made a lot of great friends and have had a much more amazing experience than I could have ever asked for. Thank you to everyone who made my trip what it was...absolutely unforgettable(sauce). While it is really heartbreaking to say goodbye, I hold on to the fact that someday I will be back. I can't give a date or a time, but wherever life leads me, I will make another (if not many more) stops in Haiti. I love this country, I love the people, and I wish for everyone of you to be able to experience a mere piece of what I have.


Signing off for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment