Saturday, September 4, 2010

Saturday: September 4

Today we spent the morning going through charts...well, the PTs went through charts. My job was both DJ and making a list of OT patients.

Midday, Josh reported that there was a soccer game going on at Camp Hope, so Sarah and I headed down there only to find it had already finished up. Definitely a bummer! Instead, we headed toward the PT tent where Dan (an HHI doc) was doing karate with some of the kids. It was really awesome to see how much fun they were having (though I'm not sure if the kids or Dan had more fun.) Malachie was showing off his moves as usual. I had a few little monkeys hanging off me with their huge smiles and awesome hair. Mine, however, I pulled out this morning...it feels much better! We then followed Dr. Scotty and Lee as they did their rounds to patient tents. On our walk back to LAC we saw the cutest baby donkeys and Dr. Scotty conversed with some wandering cows.

When we headed back to camp, we started to set up tents for the group of nine arriving. It was slightly comical at first. I'm always saying "screw the directions!" How often does that turn out well? In the end, both tents are up and that is all that matters. They have all arrived and are getting settled in. It is crazy how much stuff they brought! I get to stay inside which is nice, though.

I just had my microwave dinner and am now enjoying a Haitian beer.

That's all for now : )

1 comment:

  1. Haitian beer! Is it yummy? P.S. SO MANY ACRONYMS!!!! ajsd;fkaj;dka

    I'm glad you're having a good time :)

    ReplyDelete