Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thursday: September 9

This morning Dan and Lee left. Sarah and I are sitting here saying we miss them already. The other night she, Dan, and I were sitting out on the porch being goofy and Dan laughed and said: "You guys are ridiculous!" Of course I followed with: "That's quite the understatement. But ridiculously awesome!" Good times. And we might just have to find a replacement for Lee's Canadian accent. We'll find oot.

The PT tent was hilarious today. We had deep philosophical conversations about our religious beliefs only to turn right around and teach Lamy the phrase "party pooper." We spent the morning trying to convince Lamy that he should date Joane, but he said he wasn't "ready for this." He didn't have any money and he didn't seem to believe us when we told him you don't need money for that. There weren't too many patients today so Sarah and I found the time to learn a Shakira dance in the supply tent with Esther. At the end of the day, Betsy taught a class about different gaits. They all lined up and followed the instructions on how they were supposed to walk and identify different problems. It was hilarious. At the end, they all got a certificate for having completed all these classes.

We're planning a big soccer game tomorrow with Lamy's "guys." Who these guys are is a mystery, but there are supposed to be about 8 of them. I'm guessing they are probably the other translators. We'll find oot. It should be a ton of fun.

I've been eaten alive and have been itching all day. I'm currently finding more and more bites as I type. I'm writing early today, so hopefully nothing extremely exciting, and needing reporting, happens before we turn in tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment