Monday, September 6, 2010

Monday: September 6

Addition to last night: Piton taught us that donkeys don't speak Creole, but they understand it. HOWEVER, you can't speak to the free donkeys because they haven't gone to school yet. He also makes an awesome frog noise.

Today I spent the day in the medical clinic with Lee and Dan. They are both very,very nice and helpful. Dan speaks fluent Creole which is really amazing. The tent, however, was ten times hotter than the PT tent because the walls didn't roll down. We saw some skin conditions, abdominal pain, eye problems, and quite a few cases that were most likely psychosomatic.

Then I listened to Dan's meeting with surveyors (who included Thomas, Lewis, Serge, and Lamy.) I tried hard to listen to the Creole, but I am far from being able to komprann yet. Lee and I walked around to a few tents and were bombarded with little kids. I think we hit a record of how many kids could attach to a single person. While we were waiting for Josh and Lee, Dan and I waited by the car/jungle gym crawling with little ones. One little girl really concerned us with her MTV-style dance moves.

I recently sprayed some bug spray and my eye and it was decided that "idiot" in Creole is "Andrea." The group made bacon and pancakes for dinner, but I don't think my stomach can handle the grease. I think I'll cook myself up some soup and call it a meal.

Bon Lundi : )

No comments:

Post a Comment