Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sunday: September 5

Today the whole gang headed down to Camp Hope for church. I played navigator for those who took the journey from LAC on foot. It was a very interesting experience in the red and white striped tent. The pastor was extremely animated and the translator gave up around half way through. There was no way he could keep up. The service lasted about 2.5 hours and my feet were burning. With a child strapped to my back, we took a short tour of Camp Hope toward the PT tent and then headed back to LAC.

While the group of nine went back to camp to do a vacation bible school, Sarah and I cleaned the bathroom and decided that we should have a karaoke night. I've spent most of the afternoon going through an awesome Haitian Creole/English dictionary and making a list of important words and phrases. The security guard, Piton, is helping me learn how to say "nice to meet you": "Mwen tre kontant rekontre ou!" I've also learned "weapons of mass destruction" and "floor the accelerator."

Mwen renmen bonon! (I like cookies!)

Mwen renmen ou (I Love you) <3

1 comment:

  1. Mwen renmen ou.

    and i learned this phrase from my Japanese exchange students:

    Starbucks su ga ske dis!

    (I love Starbucks)

    ReplyDelete